5 fun things to do in the ‘wild’ this school holiday.
Sometimes the old adage “If you can’t beat them join them”, is a good bit of advice when dealing with kids and social media. Introduce your social-media-savvy kids to a new experience – one where they will be able to get in touch with nature.
Leigh-Anne Nanguia recently took her little group of girls for a day with the Big 5 and reported back: “Thank you all so much for a most amazing day. Please send an extra thank you to Dumisani who really looked after us. He was so patient and obliging and answered ALL the girls’ questions. We had a most incredible day from beginning to end and would not hesitate to recommend a kiddies party at Askari.”
MUST DO FUN ITEMS:
- Start your kiddies outing with a tour of Museum where kids can see how great granny and gramps lived.
- Take fun pics with mock skulls from the Cradle of Humankind area, or in front of the old ox-wagons.
- Watch the elephants splash in the elephant dam. Take a selfie and be the envy of your friends on Facebook!
- Dig into a delicious Hamburger and chips or hot dog and chips, with juice for lunch.
- Learn all kinds of interesting facts during a special kiddies formatted 1 hour game drive and then cool off in the swimming pool on a sunny day.
Adult supervision is required at all times and Askari Lodge recommends age groups between 6 and 16, when kids will understand and enjoy the day the most. Aside from being a wonderful birthday surprise, this is also an excellent school outing and an educational element can be built into the museum visit and game drive.
Host your busy bunch at Askari Game Lodge in Magaliesburg, where from R120 per child will keep them occupied for the better part of the day. The outing can be tailor-made by Pat Naude, our friendly reservationist.
For the moms or teachers who accompany the group, we recommend checking into the Spa for some well-deserved rest and relaxation. Just remember to book this treat in advance. See www.askarispa.co.za for a treatment list and current specials.