Excitement is building over Highball Craft Bar the latest offering at the Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort.
Describing themselves a ‘trendy artisan craft bar’, they have revealed that they will be serving a selection of the finest local craft drinks. If the juniper-tinged craze is not for you, Highball serves a full bar menu including craft beer, variety of craft whiskey, craft rum and spirits, along with a tempting wine and craft cocktail selection. All of these delicious drinks will be combined with the tastiest tonics and mixes with different garnishes to bring out the unique flavours of each one.
Whilst most people flock here for the fabulous range of craft cocktails and G&Ts, you can also savour an eclectic menu made up from a tempting selection of crafted tapas, light bites, salads and sandwiches, sharing boards and daily specials – perfect to enjoy with a drink of your choice.
Higball Craft Bar is quirky, retro and overlooks the first hole of the Randpark Golf. It is set to become the perfect spot for a little Friday afternoon tipple. “If you’re a craft drinks lover, this is the place to be this summer,” says Grant Sandham, Sales & Marketing Director of Guvon Hotels & Spas. “It’s the ideal place to laze away an afternoon as you take in the amazing view and you actually forget that you are in the heart of Randburg”
So, whether you’re keen to develop your craft drinking palate, or you just want to enjoy a good old G&T with some friends, Highball is the space where you can relax, connect and have some fun.
What is a Highball?
1. Low Ball-High Ball is a golf game for a group of four playing against one another on two-person teams.
2. High ball in golf terminology is a player who favours hitting a higher than normal trajectory
3. A highball glass is a glass tumbler that can contain 240 to 350 millilitres. It is used to serve highball cocktails and other mixed drinks
4. Highball Cocktail is a drink consisting of a spirit, especially whisky, and a mixer such as soda, served with ice in a tall / highball glass.
5. Highball Signal permits for a train to proceed at full speed as they “they highballed north”